The Landmark Building was designed by famed local architects Schnetzky and Son for the Standard Paper Co. in 1914. The building was purchased and redeveloped in 1987 by Real Estate Entrepreneur George Bockl and remains in his family to this day.
The former Jak Pak Warehouse building was designed by Tharinger & Bruecker and built in 1924 as
an addition to the Young Saddlery Co. building on the south. It housed many businesses throughout
the years including "Marlene's Touch of Class".
This historic structure was built in 1885 as the purifying house for the Milwaukee Gas and Light Company.
It housed the offices, workshop, and stables for the crews responsible for lighting and maintaining the gas
street lamps throughout the city.
The Ludington Estate Commission Houses were built in 1894 by the H.C. Koch & Co. The building housed the Railway
Salvage Company in the early twentieth century before the street became the heart of the wholesale grocery
industries located in the Third Ward.
Often referred to as the Rauschenberger building, this beautiful building on the corner of North Broadway
and East Chicago streets was designed by Charles Crane and built in 1902 for The American Candy Co.
Warehouse 525, the old Forrer Business Interiors building is an exceptionally well built brick and concrete
warehouse. This exciting development on the eastern edge of the Historic Third Ward offers incredible views
of the downtown skyline, the art museum, and Lake Michigan.
Jackson Square is the newest apartment development in the Historic Third Ward. This spectacular 84-unit building
designed by Epstein-Uhen Architects is located on the eastern edge of the ward and offers a mix of one and two-bedroom
units as well as townhouse configurations.
This building was designed in the Romanesque Revival style in 1902 by the architecture firm of Uehling and Linde for the Phoenix Knitting Works. Beginning in 1959 the Beck Carton Corp. used the building for the manufacturing of paper boxes and its shipping operations. Beck Carton completed the restoration of the building in 1994.