Beck Carton Building and Firehouse
311 E. Chicago and 176 N. Broadway streets
Currently there is over 5500 square feet (divisible) of street level retail space for lease.
This building was designed in the Romanesque Revival style in 1902 by the architecture firm of Uehling and Linde for the Phoenix Knitting Works. Beginning in 1959 the Beck Carton Corp. used the building for the manufacturing of paper boxes and its shipping operations. Beck Carton completed the restoration of the building in 1994. We acquired the entire first floor of these buildings in summer 2008 in a partnership with developer Doug Weas.
The original firehouse on this property was destroyed during the Great Third Ward fire in 1892. This building designed in the Queen Anne style was built in 1893. Beck Carton owned the building for many years prior to our acquisition. Currently this building houses art-themed wine bar Splash Studio and Retique, a high-end clothing consignment boutique.