The Cawker Estate Building was designed by Crane & Barkhausen Architects and constructed in 1895. It was leased for many years to the Landauer Company, a wholesaler of dry goods. In 1994 it was acquired by the Milwaukee Institute for Art and Design (MIAD). The building was completely renovated. The upper floors housed the dormitory for MIAD students and the first and second floors became the William F. Eisner Museum of Advertising & Design.
The Landmark Building was designed by famed local architects Schnetzky and Son for the Standard Paper Co. in 1914. The building was purchased and redeveloped in 1987 by Real Estate Entrepreneur George Bockl and remains in his family to this day.
This historic structure was built in 1885 as the purifying house for the Milwaukee Gas and Light Company.
It housed the offices, workshop, and stables for the crews responsible for lighting and maintaining the gas
street lamps throughout the city.
The Ludington Estate Commission Houses were built in 1894 by the H.C. Koch & Co. The building housed the Railway
Salvage Company in the early twentieth century before the street became the heart of the wholesale grocery
industries located in the Third Ward.