The Cawker Estate Building was designed by Crane & Barkhausen Architects and constructed in 1895. It was leased for many years to the Landauer Company, a wholesaler of dry goods. In 1994 it was acquired by the Milwaukee Institute for Art and Design (MIAD). The building was completely renovated. The upper floors housed the dormitory for MIAD students and the first and second floors became the William F. Eisner Museum of Advertising & Design.
The Landmark Building was designed by famed local architects Schnetzky and Son for the Standard Paper Co. in 1914. The building was purchased and redeveloped in 1987 by Real Estate Entrepreneur George Bockl and remains in his family to this day.
Warehouse 525, the old Forrer Business Interiors building is an exceptionally well built brick and concrete
warehouse. This exciting development on the eastern edge of the Historic Third Ward offers incredible views
of the downtown skyline, the art museum, and Lake Michigan.
This building was designed in the Romanesque Revival style in 1902 by the architecture firm of Uehling and Linde for the Phoenix Knitting Works. Beginning in 1959 the Beck Carton Corp. used the building for the manufacturing of paper boxes and its shipping operations. Beck Carton completed the restoration of the building in 1994.
The Ludington Estate Commission Houses were built in 1894 by the H.C. Koch & Co. The building housed the Railway
Salvage Company in the early twentieth century before the street became the heart of the wholesale grocery
industries located in the Third Ward.
42,00 square foot retail strip center shadow anchored by a 40,000 square foot Piggly Wiggly.
Located on the northwest corner of Janesville Rd. and Racine Ave., Muskego's most heavily-traveled