200 North Water Street – Historic Third Ward, Milwaukee
The Cawker Estate Building was designed by Crane & Barkhausen Architects and constructed in 1895. It was leased for many years to the Landauer Company, a wholesaler of dry goods. In 1994 it was acquired by the Milwaukee Institute for Art and Design (MIAD). The building was completely renovated. The upper floors housed the dormitory for MIAD students and the first and second floors became the William F. Eisner Museum of Advertising & Design.